Do You Have What It Takes….?
We are looking for ambitious, hard working staff to join our growing company, to help deliver projects across the country. As the leading provider in specialist services to the highway electrical industry, our staff can be found across the UK carrying out various tasks and activities including:
- Structural Testing of Street Furniture including lighting columns, signs and bollards
- Electrical Testing of Street Furniture including lighting columns, signs and bollards
- Electrical termination and defect repair of lighting columns
- Replacement of old Lanterns for new LED type
- Installation of Street Furniture including lighting columns, signs and bollards
- Civils Works including excavation, trenching and re instatement in verges, pavements
Due to the stringent health and safety requirements of working in the highway electrical industry, all training is provided and delivered and updated as required, however some knowledge and practical experience in street lighting, would not be unwelcome. Most importantly, we are looking for staff who are up for a challenge, who can think on their feet and who are self motivated to work in this fast paced, challenging and financially rewarding industry.
- Applicants MUST be over 18 years of age due to insurance requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to work at height.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience of working outside.
- Flexibility regarding working hours or tasks allocated.
- Comfortable to work in the vicinity of large volumes of traffic on high speed roads
It would be advantageous for applicants to have G39 (Working in the vicinity of DNO Equipment), CSCS Card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme), IPAF Certificate (Int Powered Access Federation) and NRASW (New Roads and Street Works) but not essential.
Our highways business predominately involves the structural testing of columns using our patented dipstik technology ®, and the electrical testing of street furniture. We also carry out data collection surveys, cable route tracing and cable fault finding and repair and LED conversions.
We are looking to take on several new trainees who will be trained in our own in-house training facility. All trainees are initially given a thorough grounding on all aspects of working in the highways, our in-house reporting systems and software and the structural inspection of highways street furniture including structural analysis using our own patented dipstik® testing equipment. After this initial first phase of training you will be taking your new skills out on a live job and firmly cementing that knowledge with some real-world training.
- Working in close proximity to the public and client officers, high standards of personal conduct and behaviour are expected at all times.
- Electrical testing of highways installations in accordance with 18th Edition BS7671.
- Completion of required documentation to agreed standards.
- Compliance with appropriate legislation with regard to street lighting, illuminated street furniture and electrical installations.
- Ordering or giving actual requirements to the site supervisor to order goods or services to carry out works related to job specification.
- Strict adherence to company health and safety policy.
- Follow all company method statements and procedures.
- Report all concerns and issues using the relevant company systems.
- Structural Testing of Street Furniture including lighting columns, signs and bollards.
- Electrical Testing of Street Furniture including lighting columns, signs and bollards.
- Analysis and fault finding on underground network cable distribution systems.
- Cleaning of street lighting and signs.
- LED Lantern replacements.
We are looking for electrically knowledgable individuals, although not essential and who are willing to work away.
This is our ICP business which deliver NERS approved connections work on DNO networks across the country. LV jointing with civils capability, including private cable networks are carried out alongside column and lantern work, offering our clients a turnkey alternative to the traditional rent a jointer service. Staff are highly trained to work on live cable networks and assessed yearly.
- Live / Dead Jointing on DNO / Private Cable Networks.
- Column Removal / Installation.
- Lantern Removal / Installation.
- Maintenance and repair of streetlights and associated street furniture.
- Installing cable.
- Excavation and reinstatement of joint bays and trenches.
We are looking for LV jointers, civils operatives and hiab drivers. Some experience is a benefit but not essential. Maybe required to work away.
Our training division delivers various industry training requirements including HERS portfolios, NVQ’s Level 2 and 3, Apprenticeships for the Highway Electrical industry and City and Guilds, LANTRA and HESA training courses. Some courses are delivered at our clients premises but most are delivered in our brand new training centre in Acle.
We are looking for a trainer / assessor to join the delivery team. Applicants should:
- Have experience of working in the public lighting sector.
- Hold a level 3 electrical qualification.
- Ideally hold a training qualification of AET or equivalent, although training will be given.
- Ideally hold an TAQA Assessor qualification or equivalent, although training will be given.
- Be able to manage their work and adhere to training centre policies.
ETL Training deliver courses throughout the UK and as such applicants will be required to work and stay away from home.
If you are interested in working in any of our divisions and want to find out more, send us your CV and contact us by filling out the form below.